Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's surprising how busy you can be with no job.

I have made zero progress on my tractor since the other week.  There's been things here and there keeping me from it that add up to two weeks of no work getting done.  I spent three days at Boy Scout camp with my old troop.  I like to stay active as much as I can with the Scouts.  I learned a lot there, and want to make sure others have that chance.  Also, my brother's Eagle Scout ceremony was on Sunday, my cousins from Arizona have been spending the week here, I'm watching/dogsitting two houses, spent a day farming with a friend, had two job interviews, picked up four free mowers to clean up/fix then sell, took some friends to Philadelphia to catch a plane, and I'm not done yet.  Who knows when I'll get back on it.  

I understand why retired people say they have no time.  

I think by next week things should settle down somewhat, though the fair will be taking place, and I already have some daytime plans.  Hopefully I will get around to doing something.  

There are a few subjects in this one for me to talk about in more detail, so maybe you'll get one of them later.   





 

2 comments:

  1. Did you get the weed wacker? If I had a choice of what picture I wanted explained I would love to hear about that cloud of smoke coming from the red push mower. You know the red one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, the smokey mower only had three wheels when I got it, and oil had run into the cylinder from sitting cock eyed. Made a good pic...

    Weed wacker is not mine, just happened to be there when I took the picture. By the way, never buy Weed Eater or Poulan brand equipment.

    ReplyDelete